REGISTRATION FOR THE 2018 SHEA’S SUMMER LEAGUE IS NOW OPEN!
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND READ THE DETAILS BELOW BEFORE FILLING OUT THIS FORM.
The 2018 Shea’s YBA Summer Program is Sponsored By:
The Cape Cod Substance Abuse Prevention Fund of the Cape Cod Foundation
Perks of the program
- Only $25 to join
- Potentially free with our Deposit and Refund Policy
- Two age division: 11–13 and 14–16
- Open to both boys and girls
- Each participant receives a Shea’s Summer League Basketball jersey
- Organized and supervised basketball league equipped with coaches, scoreboard, and certified referees
- Equipped with an evaluation night, a ten game regular season, and playoffs (ending with championship trophies)
- Trophies given out for MVP, Defensive Player of the Summer, Most Improved Player, and Sportsmanship Award for Each Division
- Both age divisions will be utilizing the outdoor courts behind the Hyannis Youth and Community Center, located at 141 Bassett Lane, Hyannis
- There will be a maximum of three games per night, beginning at 5:00, 6:15, and 7:30 (under the lights)
- Evaluations for the 14-16 age division are scheduled for Saturday, June 23 at 5:30
- Evaluations for the 11-13 age division are scheduled for Sunday, June 24 at 5:30
- The 14–16 age division practices and games will take place on Monday and Wednesday nights, beginning on Monday, June 25, and continuing until Wednesday, August 15
- The 11–13 age division practices and games will take place on Tuesday and Thursday nights, beginning on Tuesday, June 26 and continuing until Thursday, August 16
- Each player will be required to have a waiver form and medical record release form signed by a parent/guardian either on opening night or prior to the start of practices and games, in order to participate
- The summer league standings page of the website will be updated by Friday each week.
- The top four teams make the playoffs. Head to head tiebreaker format for playoff spots and seedings.
- Regular-season games that are canceled due to weather will not be made up. Playoff games will.
The 2018 Shea’s YBA Summer Basketball Program is a first-come first-serve format (with 20 spots saved in each age group for hand-picked participants in need) available to both boys and girls. The summer league will consist of two divisions, an 11-13 age division and a 14-16 age division, with a maximum of 66 players in each division (6 teams of 11 players).
CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER AS A COACH, SUPERVISOR/MENTOR, SCOREBOARD OPERATOR, OR PHOTOGRAPHER FOR THE SUMMER BASKETBALL PROGRAM!
A player’s spot in the program won’t be guaranteed until the participant leaves a $25 commitment deposit (unless other arrangements have been made). This $25 deposit is refundable following the completion of the summer program, and up until December 1, 2018. Refunds are issued exclusively through submission of the form on our Deposit and Refund Policy page. Upon receiving the form and making sure the participant is eligible, a check will be mailed to a parent/guardian of the participant within three – five business days. (additional details can be viewed on the Deposit and Refund Policy webpage). If a deposit remains unclaimed by December 1, then it will be handled as a donation.
*** Upon submission of the form above, please be aware that if the form is submitted properly then you will be redirected to our “Thanks for contacting us! Your e-mail has been received and we will be in touch shortly!” form submission webpage. If you are not redirected to this page, you will need to fill out any areas highlighted in red (Required fields) and resubmit the form. ***