Volunteer Positions Currently Open:
* Board Development – Where looking for someone with experience to help implement a plan to recruit and sustain knowledgeable and active board members to further the mission of Shea’s Youth Basketball Association
* Event Staff (Includes fundraising events, and program events – Example: Beyond Basketball, All-Star Game and Award Ceremony, Etc.)
* Fundraising: Locating potential donors, business-to-business solicitations, mailing campaign and fundraising event’s (Help with one or help with all!)
* Lend a Hand Program – Community Outreach Project:
- Volunteers for the Lend a Hand Program will be asked to assist with group community service projects that are typically held between the months of September and November.
- The Lend a Hand Program usually consists of 5–6 group projects in total, with the final project scheduled for Martin Luther King Jr. Day in January.
* Photography and/or Video: For basketball games, “Lend a Hand” community service projects, fundraising events and other projects!
* PR Specialist: Help us get our program and projects/events/league publicized in local outlets!
* Supervising and Mentoring
- Assist with the scoreboard
- Ensure that players on the sidelines aren’t dribbling basketballs during basketball games
- Assisting program directors with behavior control
- Help out with what ever other issues are relevant during program activities
* Assist with setting up a fundraising event.
* Tutoring: Coordinate with our head of tutoring to schedule participants interested in receiving services. Please let us know your specialties in the form below in the area labeled “Past Experience In This Area”.
* Do you have a way you think you can help that isn’t listed above? Just fill out the form below, select other from the drop-down menu, and add your idea in the comments section!